You must not reduce yourself to a puddle just because the person you like is afraid to swim and you are a fierce sea to them; because there will be someone who was born with love of the waves within their blood, and they will look at you with fear and respect.
Now, you know damn well!
commonly used when someone is about to tell you about yourself (via blackproverbs
Reading Women (2012 - 2013), Carrie Schneider
- Rena reading Zadie Smith, Megha reading Edith Wharton.
- Flávia reading Clarice Lispector, Bianca reading Sylvia Plath.
- Evan reading Anne Lamott, Aura reading Maarit Verronen.
- Sara reading Miranda July, Sheree reading Angela Carter.
- Hsiao-Jou reading Fang-Yi Sheu, Heather reading Chris Kraus.
- Cauleen reading Gwendolyn Brooks, Molly reading Roseanne Barr.
- Sarah reading Zora Neale Hurston, Vicky reading Gloria Fuertes.
- Alyssa reading Patti Smith, Yala reading Susan Sontag.
- Whitney reading Terry Tempest Williams, Naomi reading Adrian Piper.
- Kelly reading Gabrielle Hamilton, Amy reading Michelle Cliff.
It’s still the summer of the #CarefreeBlackGirl. Here’s how some women define the phrase.
Proud Americans are wearing this shirt.
Be rugged and manly like Steve. Go to indiegogo.com and search Vaginas are Scary.
If you are silent about your pain, they’ll kill you and say you enjoyed it.
every 1st september we joke about getting ready for hogwarts to cover up the very real and very very deep scars of never getting our letters
She DID that!
an exclamation when someone has met or exceeded your expectations showing off their skill set (via blackproverbs